For school I have to read A LOT! Most of the time it's like watching paint dry... slow and boring. But every once in a while I get to read something that isn't a research analysis article and I stumble upon things that I just love. Today I found this...
"If one can jokingly say that the man is not completely finished until he has his wisdom teeth, then one in all seriousness can say that a woman's development is not complete until she is a mother; only then does she exist in all her beauty- and in her beautiful actuality. So let that nimble, light, flirtatious, happy girl skip over the meadow, duping anyone who wants to catch her- ah, yes, I also delight in looking at it, but now, now she has been caught, imprisoned. I certainly did not catch her (to that end how futile and vainly foolish). I certainly do not imprison her (how weak a prison!). No, no, she has trapped herself and sits imprisoned beside the cradle; imprisoned, and yet she has complete freedom, a boundless freedom in which she binds herself to the child; I am sure that she is willing to die in her nest..."
0 comments:
Post a Comment