Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Manti... what about Girlti"

In celebration of the semester being over, Gary and I decided we needed a break before summer classes started. Well we actually had decided we needed a break a long time ago but we waited until Gary was finished with finals and everything so we could get out of town. So we took a little trip down to Manti for a couple of days. It was so good to get away. I wish we could have stayed longer.

We went to eat at Roy's Pizza in Ephraim... which has the most amazing pizza I have ever had the pleasure of eating! Seriously. We also went to the temple and walked around and took a bunch of pictures. Then we got a butt load of snacks and went to our little hotel room and just relaxed. I even got Pop-Tarts! That really shows we were on vacation because Pop-Tarts was one addiction I broke a long time ago and I only buys those when I really want to treat myself. At the hotel there were some really award winning movies on TV like Ace Ventura and Dennis the Menace. Haha.

Ok, I have to get off subject for just a minute. I have a theory about Ace Ventura... Gary said it was one of his favorite movies when he was little. And there are so many boys who I have heard say that. Gary also said he thinks his parents threw it away when he wasn't looking. Haha. So I think I know why little boys love it so much. So Jim Carrey in that movie acts like a big hyper five year old and I think little boys can relate to that. He acts like all the little boys want to act. Haha, anyway that's my theory.

It was so fun to be able to get away from all our responsibilities for a couple of days. I took about a zillion pictures of the temple so I will spare you and just post a few. :)

I even gave Gary a little smoochy smooch!
I told Gary he needed to show some teeth in the picture!
Our ancestors were probably BFFs. :)

I can't wait to go back to another visit. I seriously can't even explain how much I love this temple! I always knew from when I was really little that I would get married in Manti. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that my Mom and Dad got married there. But it is so amazing and beautiful! All the temples are beautiful, but there is something about the old ones that is so special. I just think it's incredible how much the Saints back then sacrificed to build the temples. They were so skilled! They did everything with their hands, I think that is why I am always amazed at the older temples. I think it is so neat the both Gary and I have ancestors that worked on the temple. That fact made getting married there even more meaningful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment