Friday, June 11, 2010

This one time...

...we went to Oregon for my dear friend Jessica's wedding! It was so much fun. We started our trip by going to Portland for the wedding... which was so beautiful! I cried like a baby... of course. I'm so happy we got to go. After, we spent a few hours walking around Portland trying to find something fun to do. But we couldn't really find anything because we had no clue where we were going. Even though we could probably never get anywhere without our GPS (we've become so dependent) she didn't really help us while we were in Portland. Yes, I said she. She has a very pretty voice that tells us where to go we just haven't named her yet. Anyway, in Portland it was impossible to follow her instructions. All the roads were so close together and she wasn't making any sense. We drove around in circles for a while. It was really hilarious. We ended up just walking around by the water. And of course like a ninny I forgot my camera at the wedding and in Portland so I didn't get any pictures. Sad.

The next day we went to Seattle. Our drive there was fun because I just watched for signs about different attractions and then we would go check them out. It took us longer to get to Seattle because of that, but it was worth it. This is really embarrassing, but I can't remember what the place is called that we stopped at. I think it had something to do with Lewis and Clark but I'm not sure.... it was pretty though!

Maybe we hang out with each other too much... we're starting to look the same.
Everything was so green. Gary said it reminded him of home except there were pine trees instead of oak.Um... I'm glad these aren't in my garden!
When we got to the city we went straight for the space needle. Ha, tourists. The last time I went to the space needle it was really foggy and cloudy so this time we were lucky because it was nice and sunny. After that we went out to eat at this really cool pizza place. Gary wanted Mexican but majority rules so I won. :)

Gary made sure to check out all of Seattle. Especially the cruise ships in the water.
This is my inquisitive look.
I was able to zoom way in with my camera and say hi to our car!
In the gift shop we bought an astronaut ice cream sandwich. It was freeze dried and when you ate it, it would rehydrate in your mouth. It was really weird... but still good.
It was sad to leave and come back to real life but we had a blast while we were there. Besides the drive home was so pretty! And Gary was a very focused driver.

4 comments:

Pam's Ponderings said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!!!
Great Blog!!!!

Shaina and Cody said...

What you went to Washington without me!!!LOL

Andy Bailey said...

Hi *honk*

Mage said...

Hey, welcome home. Youse all look great, and John and LaRue look great too. I read all the way back to the snow picture. What fun you all are having.

Post a Comment