The other night Gary and I watched this movie. I usually don't write about movies we watch, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about this one.
I've always loved learning about the Holocaust. It's such a tragic time in our history. It's hard to even believe that some of the things that happened back then actually took place. I really appreciate movies like this because I feel like the further we get away from that time period, the more we will separate ourselves from it. So keeping movies like this coming and exposing more people to it will help us all to remember.
This movie is based on a book which I never read or heard of but I really want to read it now. The story is just so wonderful because it takes a story about the Holocaust and tells it through the eyes of an innocent child. It's obviously not a very happy movie, but it sends a really important message. I sort of predicted the ending when it got close and after the credits started to roll I said, "are you kidding?!" and proceeded to cry like a baby. But I think if it would have ended any other way it wouldn't have been realistic and the message would not have been as powerful. Anyway, it was a good movie!
0 comments:
Post a Comment