Monday, November 1, 2010

Projects

Here are the pictures of the dresser Gary redid for me and all my craft supplies, the chest he made to go along with all the other furniture he has made, and our new dining room he painted! Gary is so handy!

I wish I had a before picture of this dresser because it was seriously a dresser only a mother could love (or something like that). Just picture a really nasty orange tinted wooden dresser with really ugly hardware and that should give you a good idea. But then he turned it into this little beauty! He painted it cream and then glazed it. I love it because the only semi-expensive part was just the new hardware.
Then the chest! It matches our bed perfectly! He bought some really cool hinges that are sort of like what a toy chest's hinges would be like. So you don't have to hold it open and there is no risk of little fingers getting smashed. And just so Gary doesn't get all the credit, please admire my beautiful quilt. Haha.Then of course is the dining room! I didn't take before pictures of this either. I really should have. The walls used to be a really nasty light pink color and once we redid our colors with the blue and cream it just looked gross. We had some leftover tan paint from our room and Gary had some leftover white paint from work so it was perfect! All we had to buy was the chair rail. And don't mind that one of the chairs at the table is still not upholstered. :P
After we had reupholstered a couple of the other chairs, I decided that maybe we should have changed the foam inside. So we opened one up and it was not pretty! I'll spare you the details, but we ended up just throwing them out. Gary made new wood pieces and I went and had an upholstery place put some new foam on. After we put the fabric on and tested them out, our butts were pretty dang happy.

1 comments:

Post a Comment